Infrastructure and consumer demand grow hand in hand, each depends on the other.
The unfolding development of each over time determines the long term shape and health of our economy.
The #KL112 rally, also called the Himpunan Kebangkitan Rakyat or the People’s Awakening Rally, has 10 major objectives. They are:
1. A call for clean, fair and transparent elections with a free and independent press
2. A call for the prestige, image and reputation of FELDA to be saved by guaranteeing its agricultural role in the economy and the land ownership of the settlers.
3. Fair treatment and allocations to Sabah and Sarawak vis-a-vis Peninsular Malaysia
4. 20% of oil royalty to be returned to the producing states
5. To raise professionalism, assure welfare and protect the future of civil servants including teachers and the armed forces
6. A call for a green environment that is clean and wholesome
7. A call for the national language to be supported, vernacular language to be preserved and standards of English to be raised in the education system, with free education for all Malaysian citizens.
8. A call to free all political detainees who have been unfairly imprisoned
9. A call for all traditional villages and places of heritage to be preserved, protected and defended
10. A call for a better lifestyle for women as promised in the Agenda Wanita Malaysia (The Malaysian Women’s Agenda)
KL city has an estimated population of 1.6 million as of 2012.
Stadium Merdeka can accomodate 30,00 people.
There were 8 meeting points; Universiti Malaya mosque, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC), Jalan Sultan, Central Market, Kampung Baru, Masjib Negara and Dataran Merdeka.
I guess hipsters will stop wearing yellow now since it has become too maistream.